The Facts About Your Periodontal Problem
Gum disease is a bacterial infection that has no real symptoms, but impacts over 85% of Americans! That's right- 85%! Even worse...40% of these folks don't know they are suffering from it!
By the numbers, gum disease affects more people than heart disease, cancer, diabetes, arthritis and more in U.S. adult populations...and we do very little to prevent it or learn about it.
Gum disease can come about from a number of different factors:
- Poor dental hygiene: without proper flossing or brushing, bacteria and plaque can build up, resulting in gum disease.
- Age: more than 50% of adults aged 35-69 show signs of gum disease surrounding 3 to 4 teeth.
- Smoking: smokers are 4x more likely to develop some form of gum disease in their life.
- Gender: hormone changes in female patients can trigger gum disease.
- Genetics: if your parents had it, you are 12x more likely to have the bacteria that can cause gum disease.
If you are suffering from:
- Chronic Bad Breath
- Bleeding or Swollen gums
- Painful Chewing
- Teeth Sensitivity
- Receding Gums
YOU MAY HAVE GUM DISEASE!
Luckily for you, Epic Dental has recently brought on Periodontal (gum tissue) expert Dr. Justin Cifuni to treat your gum disease using the most modern, state-of-the-art equipment.