Complete Oral Exams
At our Norwood dental office, our dentists perform a complete and thorough oral exam during your initial visit. During subsequent check-up visits, your dentist and hygienist will also include the following:
- Examination of diagnostic X-rays (radiographs): Essential for detection of decay, tumors, cysts, and bone loss. X-rays also help determine tooth and root positions.
- Oral cancer screening: We examine your face, neck, lips, tongue, throat tissues, and gums for any signs of oral cancer.
- Gum disease evaluation: We check the gums and bone around the teeth for any signs of periodontal disease.
- Examination of tooth decay: We use special dental instruments to check all tooth surfaces for decay.
- Examination of existing restorations: We examine the condition of existing fillings, crowns, etc.
Feel free to contact us if you have any questions about oral exams or to schedule an oral health consultation with a CNE Dental dentist.
Please feel free to contact us at our dental office serving Norwood & Walpole to learn more or to schedule an appointment.