Dr. Justin Cifuni
Justin Cifuni is a Board Certified Periodontal Surgeon in the specialty of periodontology and implant dentistry. For several years, he was also a clinical instructor of the advanced specialty education program in periodontics at Boston University’s Goldman School of Dental Medicine (BUGSDM).
Dr. Cifuni earned a Master’s degree in Medical Sciences and his Doctorate in Dental Medicine, both from Boston University. During his time there, Dr. Cifuni was granted membership into the prestigious Omicron Kappa Upsilon Dental Honor Society.
During his schooling, Dr. Cifuni was involved in research projects at Boston University and the Dana Farber Cancer Institute. This work inspired his ongoing interest in research, and Today he continues to work on multiple clinical research projects with numerous companies in an effort to advance treatments in the field of periodontology, bone regeneration, implantology, and minimally invasive treatments. In 2015, he received the Stallard Award for Enhancement of the Periodontology Program from Boston University.
At Epic Dental, Dr. Cifuni offers a full array of periodontic dental services, including:
- Laser Dentistry: Dr. Cifuni underwent training and LANAP certification by the institute for advanced laser dentistry at Millennium Dental Technologies, the manufacturer of the only FDA cleared protocol for full mouth true periodontal regeneration. LANAP treatment saves teeth, reduces pocket depth, and regenerates bone growth to achieve optimum periodontal health.
- TeethXpress Implant-Supported Dentures: Dr. Cifuni was trained and certified in providing secure, natural looking, implant-supported teeth in as little as 1 day. This protocol in select cases can be life changing, allowing the patient to eat, speak, and live confidently without the fear of slipping dentures.
For Dr. Cifuni, there is nothing more rewarding than taking on a challenging dental case that, once completed, totally transforms a patient’s smile. A Massachusetts native, Dr. Cifuni grew up on the North Shore. In his free time, he can enjoys running, weightlifting, and spending time with his family, which often includes chasing after his mischievous nephew.
- Boston University Henry M. Goldman School of Dental Medicine (BUGSDM), Boston, MA CAGS/MSD in Periodontology, July 2012 – July 2015
- Boston University Henry M. Goldman School of Dental Medicine (BUGSDM), Boston, MA Advanced Education in General Dentistry (CAGS), July 2012
- Boston University Henry M. Goldman School of Dental Medicine (BUGSDM), Boston, MA Doctor of Dental Medicine (DMD), Magna Cum Laude, May, 2011
- Boston University School of Medicine (BUSM), Boston, MAMaster of Arts in Medical Sciences (MA), Highest Honors, May, 2007
- Diplomat of the American Board of Periodontology
- American Academy of Facial Esthetics
- American Academy of Periodontology
- American Dental Association
- Massachusetts Dental Society
- Hard and Soft Tissue Regeneration
- Laser Therapies (LANAP, LAPIP, LARS)