Just because you have braces does not mean that you can’t enjoy your favorite foods. There are only a few foods to avoid because they could damage your braces while they do their job. Check out the list below, and don’t be afraid to ask your orthodontist and the knowledgeable Epic Dental orthodontic team about any questions you may have.
Foods you CAN eat with braces:
- Dairy: soft cheese, pudding, milk-based drinks
- Breads: soft tortillas, pancakes, muffins w/o nuts
- Grains: soft cooked pasta & rice
- Meats/poultry: soft cooked chicken, meatballs, lunch meats
- Seafood: tuna, salmon, crab cakes
- Vegetables: mashed potatoes, cooked vegetables
- Fruits: applesauce, bananas, fruit juice, smoothies
- Treats: ice cream (without nuts), milkshakes, Jell-O, soft cake
Types of foods to avoid with braces:
- Hard foods: nuts, hard candies, etc.
- Sticky foods: caramel candies, chewing gum, gummy candy
- Chewy foods: bagels, pizza crust, licorice, etc.
- Crunchy foods: popcorn, chips, ice, etc.
- Foods that you bite off: corn on the cob, spare ribs, apples, carrots, etc.
If you have any questions about braces, our helpful team would be happy to answer them. Feel free to contact us at our Norwood dental office for more information or to schedule an orthodontic consultation. We proudly serve Norwood, Walpole, and surrounding areas.