At Epic Dental, we are passionate about preventive dentistry. From teaching proper brushing and flossing techniques to periodic dental exams, we believe preventive care from age one onward is key to a lifetime of good dental health. The benefits of are numerous, but our main goal is to keep common conditions such as cavities, gum disease, sensitivity, and speech difficulties at bay through proactive attention and treatments.
Therefore, during scheduled check ups and cleanings, we offer the following preventive services for your child:
- Ongoing, comprehensive assessment of oral health and development
- Individualized dental health education to inspire kids to become interest and invested in their dental hygiene
- Diet and nutrition counseling
- Guidance and tips for parents to handle potential dental health issues (teething, thumb sucking or pacifier habits, prevention of sports-related injuries)
- Orthodontic assessment
- Plan for acute dental trauma
Your child’s preventive care may also include services such as professional cleanings to remove plaque and tartar, topical fluoride treatment, application of dental sealants, and space maintainers. Our dentists are trained to determine which preventive treatments are best for each child.
If you have any questions about the preventive services we offer or want to schedule an appointment, feel free to contact us at our office. We proudly serve Norwood, Walpole, and surrounding areas.