Don’t let metal wires and brackets hold your teen back from enjoying all the things they want to do. With Invisalign Teen, they’ll never miss a moment. When worn according to the recommendations of an experienced Invisalign-trained dentist, Invisalign Teen can be as effective as traditional braces for the most common teeth-straightening issues. Invisalign can effectively treat mild to severe cases, including underbite, overbite, overcrowding, and gaps between teeth.
If you’ve had braces yourself, you already know the issues associated with metal wires and brackets. With Invisalign, the aligners are removable which is convenient and helps with oral hygiene. This is also huge if your teen plays sports or a musical instrument. With Invisalign, teens can play sports without the worry of being hit in the mouth by a ball, which can cause real damage in braces. They can also continue playing instruments properly without braces getting in the way. With braces, it’s hard to perform at your best when you’re concerned about your safety during a game or cutting your lip trying to hit that note on the trumpet.
Additionally, with braces, there is a long list of foods your teen shouldn’t eat, from popcorn to apples and raw carrots. With Invisalign, there are no such restrictions. The removable aligners make it easy to brush and floss normally to maintain proper oral hygiene.
Pros of Invisalign Teen
- The aligners are clear, making Invisalign a great option for those teens who are self-conscious about being seen wearing traditional braces.
- Invisalign aligners are removable. This can be quite helpful if your child plays sports or a musical instrument.
- Since the aligners are removed before eating, your child can eat whatever they like, whenever they want. Teeth cleaning is also as simple as it has always been.
- The soft, comfortable plastic in the aligners allow for a more comfortable orthodontic treatment. There are no wires or brackets that might irritate the mouth.
Cons of Invisalign Teen
- The aligners need to be brushed daily to prevent food or anything acidic from getting trapped inside of them and subsequently pressing against your child’s teeth.
- The treatment isn’t effective unless your child wears the aligners for 22 hours a day.
- Invisalign doesn’t always work on more complicated orthodontic problems.
The chances are very high that your teen will be a great candidate for Invisalign Teen. To find out, please contact us at our dental office to schedule a consultation. We’re looking forward to putting your teen on the path toward a straighter and healthier smile!
Epic Dental proudly serves Norwood, Walpole, and surrounding areas.